Leather Repair & Restore - Mobile Service
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Leather Repair & Restore's Interior Leather Cleaning
What is included?
• The fixed price furniture repair or car interior repair fee covers you against the cost of the service, engineers call out and evaluation
• Parts (when required).
• A repair to resolve the fault entered in the “Description of Fault” box on your original quotation form.
What is not included?
• Furniture in commercial premises.
• Repairs as a result of misuse, negligence or poor maintenance
• Repairs to goods which have not been maintained in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations.
• Furniture / Car Interiors which differ from the details used to obtain the quote, including the age of the furniture / Car Interior.
• In such instances, if our service technician is called out we have to cancel the repair and a call out / administration charge of £55.00 will be liable.
Your Fixed Price Repair Appointment
• On completion of your quotation and acceptance of our terms and conditions you are entering a contact with ourselves
• You will receive an email or telephone call on the number provided with the agreed repair date.
• We will advise time allocations the working day prior to the appointment.
• Our approved service engineer will call out on the agreed date and carry out the repair to your furniture / Car Interior. If any extra part(s) are required the service engineer will advised you the costing’s of the parts required.
• If the parts required are in stock they will be delivered to the engineer within 14 working days of the order being placed unless otherwise stated.
• If the part(s) are not in stock we will arrange to obtain the part(s) from our suppliers and will keep you informed of progress (normally via phone). As soon as the part(s) are available our service engineer will contact you to arrange a new appointment date to complete the repair.
• It should be noted that unfortunately there are a handful of manufacturers whose parts are not easily sourced and in some cases these have to be obtained from abroad which will result in a delay in completing the repair.
• All repairs will require full and easy access to the furniture / car interior If your furniture / Car Interior cannot be easily accessed to facilitate the repair we reserve the right to abort the repair. In such instances we will charge a fixed fee call out / administration charge of £55.00.
• Parking that gives reasonable access to your property must be provided for the engineer. If the parking is pay and display or permit controlled, it is your responsibility to arrange for the engineer to park free of charge for the duration of his visit.
• It is the customers responsibility to make sure they are home for their agreed appointment failure to be home will result in a £55.00 no reply fee.
Changing or Cancelling Your Appointment
• You may change or cancel your appointment date at any time up to 16:00 on the day before the original agreed call out date. If you wish to change or cancel your appointment please call our Customer Services Department.
• If you cancel the fixed price repair at any time after 16:00 on the day before the agreed appointment date you will be charged a call out / administration charge of £55.00 unless the given time slot cannot be met. .
• If our approved service engineer cannot gain access to the furniture / Car interior on the agreed appointment date you will be charged a call out / administration fee of £55.00.
• If we or our approved service engineer has to change or cancel your selected appointment date and any alternative date offered is unacceptable to you we will give a opportunity to cancel the appointment.
• If you wish to cancel whilst your repair is in progress, for example, the engineer has visited and you no longer wish to proceed, there will be a call out / administration charge of £55.00, provided no parts have been fitted. If parts have been fitted you will be liable for the parts supplied.
• Your right to cancel may be exercised in writing or in another durable medium by contacting us. For ways to contact us please see the CONTACT US page.
If We Cannot Repair Your Furniture
• In a few instances the required part(s) may not be readily available from our suppliers and may have extended lead times where they require sourcing from abroad.
• If after a period of 16 weeks, beginning from the first call out, the required part(s) is / are still outstanding and the furniture is inoperable either party has the right to cancel the fixed price repair
• We reserve the right to cancel a fixed price repair if on evaluation or during the repair:
• If the information regarding the repair is incorrect
• The repairs are far more extent than originally quoted
• In both instances we will charge paid less a call out / administration charge of £55.00.
• The fixed price repair is guaranteed to cover the initial fault for 30 days from the date the repair is completed unless otherwise stated or listed in our exclusions.
• This covers workmanship related faults only and excludes body perspiration and customer related damages.
• Make good repair as just that make good and come with no warranty.
• We do not offer any guarantee on you own parts you wish us to fit or current parts already located on your furniture.
• If your repair fails with the same fault as detailed in your initial repair, we will arrange to send the original service provider back to you at a mutually convenient time at no extra cost. In the event of the fault re-occurring during the guarantee period please call our Customer Services Department.
• If we have arranged for an engineer to re-visit but you subsequently wish to cancel you may do so up to 13:00 on the day before the agreed call out date. If you wish to cancel after this time or during the repair, you will be charged a call out / administration fee of £55.00, Calls made directly to the engineer to request a re-visit are not covered under this guarantee.
• This guarantee does not cover any subsequent unrelated breakdown / fault(s) to the repair. If you request an engineer re-visit and an alternative fault is found and you wish to continue with the repair, you will be given the option to purchase an additional repair at the original rate. You will be charged a call out / administration fee of £55.00.
• Our parts are covered under our 30 day guarantee period unless otherwise stated, Ie, if you are advised your seat interiors are faulty or require replacing this will cancel out your guarantee period. We do not offer a guarantee period on re tensioned springs these are your springs and not ours.
• The guarantee becomes invalid if the furniture / Car interior is not used and maintained in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
• Leather repairs and colour restorations needs to be left for 72 hours for the repair products to fully cure, failure to adhere to the correct drying times may result in your repairs failing.
Once your repair or restoration has been completed it is important to look after the repaired areas, the sealants and dyes will continue to bond and cure over time. Under no circumstances should the area be cleaned with any cleaning or leather cleaning products for a minimum of three months.after the three month period you should apply a leather protection cream to this area any type of cleaning or wiping within this period may result in the dye being removed and is not covered under any warranty.
The below items are excluded from any warranty of any repair, we do not offer warranties on repairs of the below there are no exceptions. Pvc Bonded Leather Bycast Leather Previously Repaired areas.
Body Perspiration Make Good Repairs Cleaning and renovation of leather furniture or leather car seats are excluded from any warranty of any type it is for us to put the the leather goods back in to a useable condition and for you to maintain these to the manufactures guidelines.
When the renovation is completed the goods are to be inspected prior to the technician leaving your home or work premises. We do not offer a free re visit for any missed areas or area you have not noticed on your inspection. Our prices are quoted for a one time visit.
Mail Order Collection / Delivery’s
Our mail order service deliveries and collections are through My Hermes parcel service they offer a £20 compensation should your item be lost in transit from yourself to one of our agents or from one of our agents to you. We do not accept any liability should they loose your parcel. If your goods have not arrived in the desired time frame and when you have checked the tracking see there is a problem please let us know and we will contact My Hermes on your behalf.
We can increase the compensation level should you require, the extra amount charged would be added to you bill each way.We welcome you to your own carrier to arrange collection and delivery of your item.
Mail Order Payment
Mail order repairs payment is via bacs only we do not accept payment over the phone, Should payment not be received within 14 days of requesting payment unless otherwise agreed we reserve the right to dispose of your goods or sell your goods to re coup our costs.
We do not offer after pictures as standard on mail order repairs, should you require after pictures of your repairs prior to making payment please request this upon requesting your quote. We have a administration charge of £15 which will be added on to the repair fee should you request pictures after the works have been completed and the goods packaged for return.
Mail order repair warranty
Warranty on repairs such as stitching colour restore repairs are excluded from any warranty given. We only provide a warranty on new parts which have been supplied and fitted by us. Should we offer a free repair we do not cover for postage to us and in most cases offer a free return. We do sometime offer a percentage of the repair back should our agent feel the need. The percentage is of the repair and does not include any courier costs.
• We aim to repair a wide range of furniture / Car Interiors, but the manufacturer,, model and age will have a major influence on whether we can promptly obtain replacement part(s) and ultimately complete the repair. It should also be noted that once specific furniture is no longer made the manufacturer will only retain replacement parts for a given period.
• We will make every reasonable attempt to ensure that enquiries, placed on this website and received by us, are addressed either by Leather Repair and Restore staff or by associate (Non Leather Repair and Restore ) technicians. We may pass enquiries to associate technicians at any time without notification to the enquirer who may be contacted by the associate technician involved. Any contract for repair will be deemed to be between The Enquirer and the Associate Repair Technician. Leather Repair and Restore will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from work that may be carried out by third party organisations associate repair technicians engaged to do such work by anyone who uses this web site to place an enquiry with a view to having such work carried out.
• If you have a complaint regarding your fixed price repair please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Job Number and giving a brief description of your grievance. We will respond within 7 to 14 working days.
•Email to us at: email@example.com
Please make sure you have read through the remainder of the terms and conditions to confirm if your complaint is valid. This can be found above under Guarantee and exclusions section.
Use of the Leather Repair and Restore website
Copyright Notice © 2017 all copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained in this web site are owned by Leather Repair & Restore. The web site contains trademarks, including the Leather Repair and Restore name and logo which belongs to Leather Repair and Restore. You are allowed to use this website and the material contained in this web site (including any trademarks) as set out below.
Access any part of the web site Print off one copy of any individual page for your personal use only.
You may not:
Copy (by printing off onto paper, storing on disc or in any other way), distribute (including distributed copies), alter or tamper with in any way or otherwise use any material contained in the web site except as specifically permitted above. Copy, distribute or otherwise use any material from the web site for any commercial purpose. Remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copied or printed off from the web site.
Links to external web sites
The Leather Repair and Restore web site includes links to external web sites. These links are provided to help you find additional information quickly and easily. Leather Repair and Restore accepts no responsibility for the content of these web sites.
Leather Repair and Restore has done its best to ensure the accuracy of the material contained in this web site but makes no express or implied warranties or representations about any of the content of this web site. Leather Repair and Restore accepts no responsibility for loss or damage which may arise from reliance on information or advice contained in this web site and shall not be liable for any typographical or other errors or emissions within the material contained in this web site.
All repair works are attempted in good faith and in the hope of success. However if a repair fails its employees and franchisees and their employees accept no liability, financial or otherwise, for the success of a repair, the replacement of the damaged item or goods offered for repair or the condition of returned item if a repair has proven unsuccessful. As not all plastic/leather items can be guaranteed to be repaired to 100% strength of the original undamaged item and the repairer is not familiar with the circumstances of re installation or the stresses of use to which the repaired item may be subjected, the repairer cannot be held liable for the failure of, or consequential damages and effects incurred from the failure of, a repaired item or goods.
Amending these Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and it is your responsibility to read these terms each time you place a booking. By placing a booking you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
Your personal information will be held and used by Leather Repair and Restore and selected companies acting on our behalf. We may disclose your information to our service providers / service engineers to undertake the repair to your furniture / Car interior and to provide us with relative technical information. We may also use your data for training and testing purposes. We may pass your data to any relevant regulator or dispute resolution provider. If you have given us permission, your details may also be used by us to market and promote other complimentary products, services and solutions. We and the third parties (if applicable) may contact you by mail, telephone or email. If you no longer want your data to be used by third parties or by us for marketing purposes.
Governing Law and Statutory Rights
We will communicate in English and English Law will apply unless we have agreed otherwise with you. Nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights; for further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
Leather Repair and Restore are unable to accept Cheques or Credit Credit cards. Mail order repairs are by bacs payment only we are unable to accept payment over the phone.